Tuesday 8 February 2011

005 - After Hours (1985)

Okay, I admit I cheated our own rules. The film was one hour through, and I had to leave to go to karate. I then watched The Age of Innocence and came back for the latter half of the film.

Martin Scorseseseseseses'ses After Hours is - if I'm honest - a bit mad. It's one of those intoxicated journey home films like Dude Where'd My Car, The Hangover and Harold and Kumar Get the Munchies (Go To Whitecastle).

What's perhaps more peculiar is how the story is laid out as a mixed up puzzle whereby the protagonist walks through the lives of several different people (mainly insane women) he doesn't know and meets under different circumstances. He starts in a cafe, where he meets a girl who gives him his number. Later he calls the number, takes a taxi to meet her loses his money and the rest just escalates as he is entwined in the melodrama of these people's lives.

It's not a film I'd recommend to a friend, it's not a film I'd watch again, but I enjoyed it from start to finish.
My Rating:



Up Next:
The Age of Innocence

No comments:

Post a Comment