Saturday 29 January 2011

My first Blog Post

Many of you will have found your way here either from my Facebook page or my brother’s blog.
If you are a follower of my brother’s blog, there are a few things you will need to know in advance before reading mine:
It will be opinionated, angry and probably cause offence to everyone. I will of course try to tone this down, but it is in my nature to speak my mind whether or not anyone likes what I have to say. If you think this is something you will enjoy, by all means stay. If this is something you won’t, “nut up or shut up”.

The reason for this blog is so that I can post my reviews on the Empire 500 (The Definitive List) - a list compiled by Empire Magazine of supposedly of the greatest 500 films ever made. Personally, I am a bit sceptical of the sanity of the people at Empire having read through the list, but I’m going into it with an open mind and hopefully I will learn a thing or two about cinema.

I am hoping to als set up a Vlog of my comments and clips of the films so that you can get some more idea of why I hold such

There are a series of rules that the two of us have to follow, and these are:
  • Each film must be reviewed after it has been watched. The review will give my personal interpretation on the film. The review will link to The Internet Movie Database, Empire and any other articles on the film that I think are interesting.
  • The list will be watched in alphabetical order. This is different to a couple of other people who have set themselves the same challenge.
  • Each film will be bought as a DVD. Each film will be bought as a DVD to keep consistency regarding picture and sound.
  • Every film must be watched in order to accomplish the challenge - including those that I have seen previously.

No comments:

Post a Comment